Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September 1st

Three years ago today I met the most wonderful woman on the planet. If you've caught up, or been reading you would have read my post about how I met her, my first real date and all that.

We wound up living together, it was the happiest times of my life. I cooked for her and she cooked for me. 3 or 4 months ago she broke up with me. but that's beside the point.

within the 2 years we spent together there were adventures. It started out small, we'd go to kerville and wander around, shop at hastings, go to the park. We'd go to San Antonio and shop at various stores, I'd go with her and look around while she clothes shopped, it never bothered me and it always made her happy. We'd hit up best buy. I took my first road trip where I was required to drive. We went to colorado. We wandered the street, 6th street? 4th? I forget but its like a huge outdoor strip mall of sorts. I bought my first book that I actually sat and read. We went to red rocks and saw death cab for cutie, we came back in time to catch the bandits. Austin, more shows in san antonio. She gave me confidence, she taught me how to live and go do things.

3 years ago my life changed. and 3 months ago it changed again. She moved out but we were together, living a strange but fun double life was fun. I'd spend the weekends there, spend the week here. I taught her how to live an easy life, just chillin. Which caught up to her and she needed to be more productive. I miss painting with her. I taught her about early drinking days and she taught me to stop, sit outside and star gaze. The world felt bigger, I was reminded that there's more than just the few towns I visit, the few things I do.

It gets easy, it gets harder, but such is life. the tide will roll in a bit, roll on back out, sometimes it comes up on the beach more so than it did.

I dunno, I had a bigger post planned with more details, but my mind is too jumbled at the moment. But 3 years ago I learned to love again. I had the most beautiful girl in the world with an ass to boot. I worshiped the ground she walked on.

No comments:

Post a Comment