Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The first day of fall

Prelude:
Sunday morning a tad after midnight, bringing up the radar in hopes for some rain. I thought I felt something brewing in the air, is all. there was a small wave 4 or 5 counties over, toward the edge of west Texas. I had hoped they'd hold but I didn't really give it a whole lot of though, I went back to the bedroom to play some Viewtiful Joe with Jen. We beat the underwater area, the boss, some shark guy, I forget his name was rather tricky and it had been so long I couldn't remember his patterns of attack. We scoped them out, got them down and went at it. I was reading "Feed." by an author I can't remember at the time. T. J. Michaelson or something of the sort. A rather dumbing book, but a decent read as far as I, the boy who doesn't read, can tell. Everybody talks like I remember my cousin talking when she was in early highschool in the 90s. How I wound up talking from TV and the like. It sickens me a tad how dumbed down this fucked up future he writes is. But I still read it to take what I can.

We watched "The Perfect Score" I had planned on going to sleep, but it had been so long that I didn't remember it all and wound up watching it all. I was too tired at 4:30 in the morning to remember what I fell asleep too.

Cake Talk:
I awoke the first time, just an hour after I had fallen. I awoke to her alarm, then her getting up. Confused from being asleep I ask her if she's getting ready for work. She giggles and tells me yes and that she opens. I grin, taking up her entire space on the bed, sprawled out over everywhere and use up all the pillows. It was warm and it had gotten a bit chilly. I awoke the second time to rain. I smiled at the sweet sound of water falling on my tin roof and then winced at the fact that I had to pee and it was most likely already dripping in the bathroom. I didn't feel like dodging the fiber-glass ridden leaks to get to the bathtub to pee in the only dry place(though I did rinse after mind you, I'm not a total sleeze). Jen had put in scrubs, I hear it, roll over and see it and remember waking when she put it in. I watch a bit of it because I didn't remember this one much and waited till a good time to urinate. I doze off. I awake, this time to the sound of the phone. My mom asks to talk to Jen so I give Jen a shove and hand her the phone and try to sleep. By the time she hangs up the phone I realize I should have pissed way back when. I get back and lay down to fall again. I awake again to the sound of the phone, the clock tells me I was out maybe 15 minutes. They discuss icings, cake types and sheet sizes. I asked her if she had a cake on order and she said probably. I fell. I awake a third time to a phone and more cake talk.

At this point sleep feels illogical. I decide to watch some scrubs and try and doze off. Dozing failed, the witty scrubs was getting to me, I was laughing. I watched it and the phone rang again. After that conversation and seeing every episode on the disc I got up. I got on Renea's computer, fucked around till I got this headache. I can deal with headached but for the last few days they've been borderline Migranes(so I'm told). So at almost 11:30 I decide to attempt sleep. I start scrubs again, get stuck even though I just saw them and know them word for word at this point, finally get the dog settled and turn over to sleep. I fall. I awake to the phone again. This is maybe the 6th or 7th? Feels like more. This time I answer to hear that Gener Hospital is on. It's a soap opera I've been watching since I was around 6. I know all the characters, most of the backstory, My parents even have a history book on the entire show up till like 96 or whenever it was put out. So anyways, I get up. It's 10 till 2. I get up, brush my teeth, roll a cig and sit and stare at the internet till it was time to go watch GH and eat breakfast. I open the door to go to my parent's house so I can eat and watch TV, the air outside is cool. It feels glorious. I instantly gain a smile, things are good for now. It's the first day of fall. It feels like fall, It's been feeling like fall but still hot. She's here, miss fall is here. She listened to me and granted me this grace. I love her and she knows. For lunch we had leftover Jonny Pie, which was my version of shepards pie. I murdered it, but it was tasty.

I was rather grumpy from this morning. Rose had paper cups everywhere. She was apparently trying to stack them up as fast as possible while Carin recorded her time. I just made the wierdest typo ever. If you add a G to my sister's name it spells "Caring". Anyways I was upset. The couches were scooted in too close for my liking due to leaks, I can deal with that but she was on top of the tables, sitting in front of the TV. I couldn't see. I still wasn't sure what I wanted for lunch. She finished and moved to the bar. About 20 minutes later I'm getting lunch and she's doing it again. I can't hear the TV over the scraping of her paper cups. I ask her to stop or why she can't do it in her room. Finally there was somewhat peace. Mom, rose and carin were doing something at the kitchen table and laughing. I couldn't hear too well but I can't bitch about a good time, I'm not that big of an asshole, so I ignore it. I can't do that. I won't.

Viewtiful Joe:
GH ends, Ellen begins. I watch the first part don't feel like watching the other guests including Paolo Nutinin. I head next door, in the cool fall weather. My headache returns after 15 to 20 minutes of surfing. I realize I can't do this. I go to the bedroom, my sisters are out-back so I hollar out once was a backdoor and is now just a door barely hanging flush by the hinges. It keeps the air out well, but you can't use it. I throw an evil laugh out the screen and window and Rose takes off running, Carin shouts "It's JUST Jonathon, Where are you going?" Rose responds with "NO IT'S NOT, RUN! OH MY GOD". I giggle, start talking to carin through the window, tuck up the blanket covering it up and enjoy the overcast sky that is glowing through my re-discovered window. I sit down, have a few smokes and throw in Viewtiful Joe. I finally get through the sub's torpedo loading bay, stop the loading, go back and kick all the ass. I then after some concideration realize I have to go back to the bridge and flip the sub back over. I do that get to the boss. The boss is "Another Joe" who is proving to be a real challenge. Renea get's home I go to give her a kiss and ask her about her day. She asks me first, I tell her it was shitty and explain the calls and headaches, though we both no there's no one to blame.

She tells me about her day, I go and play some more Viewtiful Joe and she starts to fall. Jen plays a bit, we smoke a bit and then Renea finally falls. I get tired of it 15 or 20 minutes 'till Dancing With the Stars, which I was interested in because it was girl's night and we were to start dinner. Jen was making Tilapia Parmesean and I was too cook the rice to serve it over. We watched, were impressed by Kelly Osbourne and finished. We watche "The Forgotten" while we finished up and ate. I came over to play some Bass. I've been practicing more. I suck compared to what I used to be. I've been trying. I finish up, go finish last night's 40 which isn't warm because it's so chilly in here and I love it. We have some laughs, I debate with renea about Religious Musicals and then she puts her movie back on.

Crash love:
Afterwards, it is time. I get some beers, we smoke, We go to play it but the order is fucked. Is this the pressing order? Or just the myspace order? So I go to download the myspace rip so we can order it the way the interpunk pre-orders say. Myspace had "End Transmission" as the 3rd track where it was the last on interpunk other than the bonus "Torch Song". We throw it on, I check my shit on the net and then pulled up this blog. I was still writing when the album ended, we both agreed that it was not long enough and started it over. I finished this section of this post to the repeat of the album.

Closing:
Fall has arrived. On time and in good fashion. I am happy, the happiest I've been for awhile. I am a fall child. I've worn this sickening grin all day but I can't help it. I'm proud. I am very proud of fall and especially the rain it brought me. I asked for it to come as soon as possible as I was done with summer and she listenend. Summer was one for the records but there were some times I wasn't too proud of, I was done. Let's hope fall treats all of us better. Let us revel in this wonderful cool air of change and inspiration. Much love.

2 comments: