I------ Remember. I remember when this house had some life to it. I remember when things were white. I remember living, breathing and sleeping in every single room of this house -- except the bathroom.. Though I did almost fall asleep while laying on a pile of laundry that was in the bathtub, in my younger years.
I remember when my uncle danny lived in here. I remember with my parents dear old friend Kathy lived in here. I remember when my Great Grandma Mac and my Grandma Rosalie stayed here. I remember the dart board that we would bust out and hang on the sliding wood office doors. I remember the picture with the whale that hung in the hallway that is not big enough for two people to walk down... Which the people who sold my parents the ranch said they loved about it, they had to hug or say something, atleast brush against each other, while walking down the hallway.
The room I'm sitting in now used to be mine and my sisters bedroom(we shared when we were younger) and its tiny. Now We've knocked down a wall to open up the living room to be bigger and throw desks and computers about. I remember helping my family close in half the porch for their bedroom, which became my bedroom when they moved out of this house. which is now condemned. Sheetrock falling off the ceiling, water damage on the walls from the leaks.
I remember when there were still rooms you could house.
I remember alot of things bout this house. I remember chilling in the living room with 25 small balloons and a vent in the floor. Me and my sister were playing a game where we had to get them in to the laundry basket without the vent blowing them away.
I do love this house, I really do. I've been living here since I was about 6. My cousins have been in here with me and know every room i've lived in. I've had good times and bad. I've slept in every room but the bathroom, the living room was one of my favorites. I used to stack the couch pillows and couch cushions in the small hallway, so tall that I couldn't see over it. My mom would then not invade the entire bedroom/bathroom end of the house. I assume she either didn't drink much liquid or time seemed way longer than it does now when I was younger(which is so obviously, but I didn't think THAT much, heh). I would jump on the beds, watch movies without interuption and anything I could think of. I was probably naked at the time. I really should have grown up in a nudist colony
So, Before I carry on for ages, let me just say that as much as I hate this house I love it. things just always find a way to level-out This is, as one put it "A punk rock house" and in my opinion the perfect one. I must admit I feel bad when people see it, I imagine them thinking what poor and shitty standards I live in. But for one it beats the hell out of living with my parents, plus there's no room. Also it makes for good stories and even if i sweat or freeze my ass off, it really is a warm place in my heart. I've done everything you could imagine to this house. I've put my fists through the walls, i've torn off doors, hell me Jen and Renea cut out a wall to expand it. Renea cut it all out with a circular saw!
So yeah, there's that...
Monday, September 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i want to visit this house one day you know.
ReplyDeletelmao. next time you're gonna stop by you can see it. It's a wreck though(quite literally)
ReplyDelete