Monday, April 19, 2010

Sunday cookout get together

After a hell of a weekend, which you just read about, came sunday.

Me and Renea were invited to our friend Laura's Dad's(Tim) house for what was a dinner party which changed in to a lunch thing. I didn't know, I just knew I was going. Renea woke me up to tell me she was leaving. I had been up till 6am the night before hosting a radio show. I told her I was going to go and got myself up. Took a few swigs of wine to feel human again. We had my sister's brownie cookies to take, but that was it and we wanted more. I remembered while getting ready about the dip recipe my late aunt's and her late boyfriend's recipe for this awesome simple great dip recipe. So we drop by the grocery store for chips, beans, and the spices. Oh and beer and wine. I even brought some Jonny Spice.

We get to Laura and James' house, Laura was on her way back from her dad's and James was on his way back from work. So we sat at a table they have in their yard with some wonderful coffee from the local coffee house. Laura arrived and changed and showed 'nea one of the shirts she's been doing. James got there and had to get changed also. After that we follow them out to Tim's. I threw in my GDM(Good damn mix) as I wanted silversun pickups and forgot their CD at the house. Still half drunk from the night before and buzzed from the wine I swigged, I would up hanging out the window enjoying the wonderful cool air and overcast skies while singing at the top of my lungs to the first track, silversun pickups and The Wombats, their song "Let's dance to joy division" is gold.

We arrive, pretty much everyone is there except Laura's besty Shelly and her hubby and kids( I can only ever remember her son's name xavier and I always think thats her hubby's name), I believe his name is Dominick. Laura and James showed us around and then we wound up hanging in the back yard which had all this awesome rock work and such with nice ass outdoor speakers. I found a raised deck with a door that didn't open and stuck my head out where a window should have been. We hung out and talked, Xavier was cute, kept crawling around and staring me down. After awhile we decided to throw on the dogs. They did up some veggie dogs for renea, There were extra as Laura thought Jen was coming, Jen was too tired though, unfortunately. James tried one and said it tasted like playdough. Afterwards we chilled and people began leaving. It came down to me, renea, laura and james. We were sitting on the deck as it started to sprinkle. I was now becoming quite a bit drunk. I gave Laura a bunch of CDs I had burned for her to check out, including my good damn mix, peba luna and a handful of others. Looking back I'm not quite sure any where her style except maybe peba luna.

Me and James wound up talking about music and he was telling me how he'd written all these songs and the style of which he wrote them. I told him how I'd written a few songs on guitar and a few bass lines and offered my bass for him to use if he liked or that I would play bass on his recordings. I told him we should chill and Jam so we could share ideas and songs. We decided to go back to their place as Tim, Laura's dad was watching TV and seemingly falling asleep. So we split. I stop by Super S to get some Negra Modello in hopes James would drink one with me. We get there and he would not as he was going straight edge. I made a bit of a fool of myself saying how I dislike people who won't just have one drink with me. But alas, this is me. I want to have atleast one beer with the whole world. People just seem to relax and chill and talk more, even if it's only one beer. He was tuning his guitar, I kept telling him that High E was too high and he was going to snap it, but the tuner was being a whore. He snapped it. Then he started showing me his songs and let me peek at his tabs. I told him about this song I'd written that kind of goes like Distillers song but not really. I wound up teaching him the song and then he was soloing a bit over my chords. He started talking about how he dislikes cover bands or something of the sort and I agreed but I also admitted that I have the perfect name for a cover band and wanted to start one, just for stage practice and practice on playing music with a band. He liked the title and agreed, so that night we started a band. I was so excited I ran outside for a cig break and was leaping in the air that I was finally in a band. I was drunk off my ass at this point but I am still serious about it. I came back in and got pollen on the carpet as I was in my socks at this point. I cleaned that up, took my socks off and we jammed for a bit longer before finally heading home.

It was a wonderful day. I wrapped it up with singing my lungs out on the way home and happily passing the fuck out after telling Jen about it.

2 comments:

  1. did you seriously remember all of this that much later, or did you write this before and just now post? thats incredible! i love how you pay attention to details. you should just come jam with james sometime, someone has to make the initiative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wrote it. Well... I had written the first chunk about two weeks after but left it in drafts. I finished it the day of posting. I have a great mind
    For recalling details as long as I am not completely trashed. From your house on isn't as detailed cause the alcohol caught up with me. I will come jam sometime. I have been catching up and re prioritizing as of late since nea is going off and doing her thing. Thought I was going to need to help out more but tim has it covered i hear.

    ReplyDelete