Sunday:
So we had an interesting morning. Then we wound up starting to set up for the bbq and lost track of time. I knew Renea had to meet laura at the coffee shop at noon. We were only gonna be like 10 minutes late, so it wasn't too bad. So we pull up in the vette, I was in the vette because there was a Picnic at the river for the electric co-op my dad works at and he needed the truck to take my mom and sisters. Anyways, so we get there. As we are getting out Renea mentions how she's a bit nervous to be meeting up with this megan chick. Now, as surprised as I was to hear that it wasn't just laura, I was also thrown off because my last-ish ex-girlfriend was named megan. So she explains how it's almost like a business meeting and such and how I can sit outside and smoke cigarettes. Well for one it was like 96 degrees outside. Secondly that seemed more weird than me sitting at their table in silence. I was probably wrong about that but oh well.
So we order our drinks and then they were going to get some, so we sat down. I did just that. Didn't speak a word and just read twitter and textsfromlastnight the whole time. I hadn't eaten. Coffee of this intensity gives me a bit of a stomach ache and I thought it was stronger than usual but didn't really think of it. So I kept drinking and halfway through felt bad. The whole thing maybe lasted 10 minutes, but then Renea and Laura were catching up and it was mostly about their etsy stuff and while very mildly talented in artsy stuff I think I have a certain uniqueness of quasi-suckiness that some people enjoy, but alas, I have no etsy at the moment. Anyways so I take a cig break and there are these awesome comfy new rocking chairs. After I'm done I actually was hyped up on coffee and slightly hung over from saturday at the saloon watching daryll lee rush, so I asked a chick where they got them cause I wanted some. They told me that I was one of many people to ask and on the bulletin board its a question to remind them to ask the manager where they came from. So I walk back and read txts from last night some more, finish that and play a few games. I did talk about Shelley freaking out about selling a quilt and a bit about blue hair but that was it. This didn't bother me though, they needed to catch up and if I don't have anything to say, why try? Besides there were some god damned gems of texts on that site that day, it took everything in me not to crack up laughing quite a few times.
So after saying our goodbyes and inviting them to the bbq, we head to the car, I give renea the rest of my coffee and she says how it tastes like they added 2 extra shots of espresso to it. No wonder. We picked up the stuff for the burgers, I noted to grab the Jonny spice and such from my house when I went to pick up my sister Jen and then we headed out after not finding alot of shit we needed. We still managed. We were planning on drinking a beer at a bar, because it was sunday and we've never done that.
When Me, Renea and Jen went to colorado to see Death Cab For Cutie play at red rocks we stopped at the tattered corner, Renea's favorite book store in the world. I was looking for something good for Jen, I like finding quircky gems for people. I was looking at a half priced rack when a bright bright yellow spine caught me eye, it said "Ruining it for everyone". Naturally... I had to look. I flip it over and the one thing that stands out to me is "Buddhism for drunkards". I must have this book, especially for $2.99 so I bought it. I didn't read, it takes me like 4 times of reading one page to retain what I read, or I get stuck on the lines and read the same line 3 times not even realizing it and then can't find where to move down. I've had the problem my whole life. But I got it. It was a slightly larger text and a smaller book in size, it wasn't as tall. So it was easier. I read that book in line at red rocks, I read it in the hotel we took over, I read it in the car on the way home. It literally changed my life. But the point is at the very end when him and his girl are chilling at the gates of hell(which is cony island), they wind up splashing in the water a bit, sorta falling for each other and then they both go up to a bar on cony island and by a beer in the early afternoon on a sunday. Which if I remember correctly was their tradition, having a beer in a bar on a sunday.
But--- We had no time. It was already 2, the shit went down at 3, we had things to prepare, people to get, things to tune, figuring out how to use the grill, psyching myself out to grill as I'd never done it before, psyching myself out for a large group of people, psyching myself out to rock some jams on Jen's guitar and remembering not to get shitfaced and make a fool of myself. Oh yeah and Renea stayed to slice dice and chop shit while I went to get Jen. I made it back to her place late, but everyone was late. We got settled in and I pace around untill I could mix up my burgers, lord knows if I had sat down I would have been a few beers in by the time everyone got there. Oh and Renea was rocking Daryll lee rush, so I couldn't play guitar. I set up the grill and all that. Got to mix up my burgers and we went for mequite.
We got the mesquite which was all up under this tree. We went back, I had to help renea over the fence between her and her parents place because there's barbed wire and she was in a nice new dress she bought. We set up the grill, I light it up and walk away to wash my hands. The shit was damn near out when I walked back out there. I remembered it was uncovered and rained a few days before. So I soak it. That doesn't work. We light it, spray half a bottle of that starter shit in to it making 5 foot flames. That didn't work. I wished I had gasoline, but I didn't. we kept trying till i got some weird metal stabby pron things and used them to get most of the mesquite out. Then I threw in charcoal. Which goes against everything in my body. I felt sick doing it, but people were hungry. That did the trick. I threw in another small chunk and then started grilling. James was playing guitar which was a nice soundtrack and then he took a break and we chatted about tatoo's and such.
Sunday Evening:
Everyone wound up out with us even though it was hot as balls and we chilled. Everyone enjoyed the burgers and James said it was the best he had next to the one at his parents restaurant. I wasn't hungry much, though I hadn't eaten much. I was far too nervous. But I ate the shit out of some potato salad that our friend alyssa made, which was just what I needed. We wound up jamming awhile longer before James and Laura had to split and I wound up singing "Sink florida Sink". I remember being fairly decent, So I don't think I was that bad. Renea and Jen wound up not helping me on back ups. I think Renea might have been surprised by it, I've never busted out a whole song and not only not fucked it to hell, but sang it without the lyrics in front of me. Jen was a bit nervous, but I had sang it friday and I did the "Whoa's" differently. I told her it would be normal, but she wasn't sure. So I did it solo.
Afterward James was playing a taking back sunday song and I couldn't remember the lyrics for shit, so we gave up. Decided to make a list of songs with the tabs and lyrics for us to practice with so we could actually fuckin jam. I helped clean everything up and stepped back out for a smoke. Renea joined me. we were just about done when we hear all this laughter from inside. We walk in to Jen, Miriam(Renea's sis) and alyssa taking turns on the rolly chair slidding through the living room and the dining room. it was classic. It went from the to sliding on a pillow acrossed the floor to crab walk races, in which i bashed my head on a coffee table. I was doing olympic sock spins, and they all told me to dip down like I was ice skating, which never worked and caused me to fall spinning on my side. After awhile of that fun, Alyssa took off and then we watched alice in wonderland. I fell asleep at the end and then me and Renea crashed out, Jen and miriam started watching wolfman though.
Monday:
I was woken up far too early to the sound of Renea's phone going off. She checked it and started texting, I was falling back asleep when she got up and I asked her what she was doing. "Going to make Coffee" she said and I asked "You coming back?" no, she wasn't. Apparently her and her mom are starting a tradition to have coffee together. So I try to sleep, but of course I can't. I asked Renea if she'd get me some water, but she said she wasn't coming back in here. So I grabbed some water. Again tried to sleep and couldn't so I got up. Her and her mom had to run to the rim to get a dress for her mom. She'd be back in 2 hours and then we'd go swimming.
We wound up watching "Nothing to lose" which was hilarious as hell, Miriam wound up going tubing with her friends, so after that I finished up folding Renea's clothes and unpacked her stuff some more and then straightened up the other various stuff. Me and Jen moved a book case to the side of the breezeway that will be her studio. Renea got back shortly after I hung one of her lighter scarves from the ceiling fan which kept slapping us and giving us a refreshing cool breeze as the AC wasn't on. We got our stuff together and took off. Got a soda, water, beer and river shoes and headed down. We had a blast, it was shallow in some parts deeper in others and most of the places where it came up to our chests was fast enough that we couldn't just stand. There was a huge boulder and it was like 12 feet deep so we could jump off of it. We wound up swimming for like 2 hours. Then we went to this mexican food joint and ran in to miriam there! I ate my whole plate, which never happens and then we took off. Grabbed some benadryl for Jen and headed back to the house. We all showered and then watched some "It's always sunny in Philadelphia" untill it was dark and re-watched Wolfman, I fell asleep at the end, same as Alice in wonderland. Then Renea went to crash, Miriam I think fell asleep at the end too. It was still pretty early so I stayed up and watched almost all of "August" with her and then I went to pass out.
It was a good fun little weekend and the last sunday I have off until the end of summer due to summer hours at the wine bar, which isn't great for my social life, but it is what it is. Tuesday on our way back from town to go home I stopped back by Renea's and dropped off a bouquet of flowers while everyone was gone and left it in a vase on the coffee table.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment